HD PVR Satellite SoC with Power Management and MoCA for Home Networking
Broadcom's BCM7342 is a high-definition Set-top Box System on a Chip with integrated MoCA 1.1 technology for home networking.
Broadcom’s BCM7342 is a single-chip, multiformat HD satellite Set-top Box (STB) solution featuring an integrated Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) 1.1 core and DVR watch-and-record capabilities that enable service providers to deploy multiroom DVR while reducing cost and power requirements. Acting as a media center when paired with the BCM7340, the BCM7342 allows multiple users to store, time shift or access content from media servers or residential gateways for playback on Set-top Boxes anywhere in the home, driving the transition to a more connected and interactive home network environment that also reduces the power, complexity and overall cost for the solution provider.
- Support for multiple worldwide formats including the DVB-S2, DVB-S and 8PSK standards, with backward compatibility to the DVB-S standard
- High-performance and cost-effective DDR3-based memory, providing significant cost and energy savings over DDR2-based memory
- 3D graphics engine
- Dynamic power management controllers that provide a very power-efficient ecosystem capable of shutting down unused system components in real time
- Support for the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) Interoperability Guidelines to facilitate the easy sharing of digital content between DLNA-enabled devices
- Support for the Multimedia Home Platform (MHP), the Adobe Flash Platform for the Digital Home and the RVU Alliance's pixel accurate Remote User Interface (RUI) technology that allows an identical user experience on multiple devices
- Support for Energy Star, and European Code of Conduct-compliant
- Set-Top Boxes