HD Satellite SoC with Power Management and MoCA for Home Networking
Broadcom's BCM7344 is a single-chip, single-tuner, multiformat high-definition AVC satellite Set-top-Box solution.
Broadcom’s BCM7344 is a single-chip, single-tuner multiformat HD AVC satellite Set-top box (STB) solution featuring an integrated Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) 1.1 core that enables service providers to deploy multiroom DVR while reducing cost and power requirements. The BCM7344 allows multiple users to store, time shift or access content from media servers or residential gateways for playback on STBs anywhere in the home, driving the transition to a more connected and interactive home network environment that also reduces the power, complexity and overall cost for the solution provider.
- Support for multiple worldwide formats including the DVB-S2, DVB-S and 8PSK standards
- High-performance and cost-effective DDR3 memory interface, providing significant cost and energy savings over DDR2 memory
- 3D graphics engine
- Dynamic power management controllers that provide a very power-efficient ecosystem, capable of shutting down unused system components in real time
- Support for the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) Interoperability Guidelines to facilitate easy sharing of digital content between DLNA-enabled devices
- Support for the Multimedia Home Platform (MHP), the Adobe Flash Platform for TV and the RVU Alliance's pixel accurate Remote User Interface (RUI) technology that allows an identical user experience on multiple devices
- A broad array of time-to-market, Web-based, connected-home STB software application environments including Adobe Flash Platform for TV, Webkit HMTL 5.0, Java, Nokia's Qt Framework including QtWebkit, DLNA 1.5, and DirectFB application libraries
- Unique HD FastRTV® channel-change acceleration technology, improving channel-change speeds by up to 500 percent
- Support for Energy Star, and European Code of Conduct-compliant
- Set-Top Boxes