HD Satellite SoC with Ethernet MII and PHY Capabilities for Home Networking
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Broadcom's BCM7354 is a single-chip, multiformat, high-definition satellite Set-top-Box (STB) solution that enables service providers to deploy multiroom DVR while reducing cost and power requirements.
Broadcom’s BCM7354 is a single-chip, multiformat HD satellite STB solution featuring integrated Ethernet MII and physical layer capabilities for connectivity with Broadcom Wi-Fi and powerline solutions that enable service providers to deploy multiroom DVR while reducing cost and power requirements. The BCM7354 allows multiple users to store, time shift or access content from media servers or residential gateways for playback on STBs anywhere in the home, driving the transition to a more connected and interactive home network environment that also reduces the power, complexity and overall cost for the solution provider.
- Support for multiple worldwide formats including the DVB-S2, DVB-S and 8PSK standards, with backward compatibility to the DVB-S standard
- High-performance and cost-effective DDR3-based memory, providing significant cost and energy savings over DDR2-based memory
- 3D graphics engine
- Dynamic power management controllers that provide a very power-efficient ecosystem, capable of shutting down unused system components in real time
- Support for the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) Interoperability Guidelines to facilitate easy sharing of digital content between DLNA-enabled devices
- Support for the Multimedia Home Platform (MHP), the Adobe Flash Platform for TV and the RVU Alliance's pixel accurate Remote User Interface (RUI) technology that allows an identical user experience on multiple devices
- A broad array of time-to-market, Web-based connected-home Set-top Box software application environments including Adobe Flash Platform for TV, Webkit HMTL 5.0, Java, Nokia's Qt Framework including QtWebkit, DLNA 1.5, and DirectFB application libraries
- Unique HD FastRTV® channel-change acceleration technology, improving channel-change speeds by up to 500 percent
- Support for Energy Star®, and European Code of Conduct-compliant
- Set-Top Boxes