Client High-Definition Set-top Box SoC
Broadcom’s BCM7408 is a client high-definition Set-top Box (STB), System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution designed for remote user interface-based HD server-client STB applications.
The Broadcom BCM7408 client high-definition STB solution with integrated Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) support is designed for remote user interface (RUI)-based server-client IP STB applications to deploy a whole-home connected entertainment environment and offer advanced applications such as multiroom DVR. Integrated MoCA 1.1 enables the distribution of high-quality digital multimedia content throughout the home over existing coaxial cable, enabling subscribers to securely access, store and share a wide array of digital media content including HD programs, video-on-demand, HD DVR recordings, Internet content, video, music, photos and Voice over IP.
- UHF remote control for remote user interface applications
- 3D graphics support to enable dynamic and customizable user interfaces for flipping, rotating and moving images
- Integrated Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) technology
- Power management capable of controlling and shutting down unused system components in real time
- Single 16-bit DDR2/3 capability for low-cost, small-footprint design
- Set-Top Boxes