Multiformat HD Digital Video/Audio SoC with DVR and 3D Graphics
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
The BCM7413 is a multiformat IPTV System on a Chip (SoC) that is optimized to support SD and ED output resolutions, HDMIv.1.3/HDCP1.2 (up to 480p/576p) and video DAC support for S-video and composite video. It also supports dual-SD decode with Picture-in-Picture (PIP) output.
The BCM7413 combines a fast CPU, high-speed 2D and 3D graphics processing including video scaling and motion adaptive deinterlacing, a very flexible data transport processor, an HD multiformat digital video decoder, a programmable audio decoder, six video DACs, stereo high-fidelity audio DACs, dual Fast Ethernet ports, triple USB 2.0, a PCI 2.3, a high-speed DDR2 800 MHz memory controller and a peripheral control unit that provides a variety of set-top box control functions.
- Advanced multiformat decoder supporting the following:
- HD/SD H.264/AVC Main and High Profile to Level 4.1 (HD), Level 3.1 (SD)
- HD/SD AVS Jizhun Profile Levels 2.0, 4.0 and 6.0 (720p and 1080i for HDTV)
- VC-1 Advanced Profile @ Level 3, Simple and Main Profile
- HD/SD MPEG-2 Main Profile at Main and High levels
- SD MPEG-4 P2 SP/ASP
- HD DivX 3.11/4/5/6
- Advanced audio processor supporting the following:
- AAC LC, AAC LC+SBR Level 2, AAC+ Level 2, AAC-HE
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus
- MPEG-1 layers 1, 2 and 3 (MP3)
- Windows Media and Windows Media Pro audio
- One pair of on-chip stereo high-fidelity audio DACs
- 3D SRS audio support
- 400 MHz dual-core CMT MIPS32/16e-class processor
- 64-bit DDR2 800 MHz DRAM controller