Full-Resolution HD 3DTV Set-top Box SoC Solution
Broadcom’s BCM7421 is a high-definition full-resolution 3DTV Set-top Box System-on-a-Chip solution designed for residential video gateways.
Produced in 40 nm process technology, the BCM7421 is a high-definition full-resolution 3DTV Set-top Box SoC solution designed for residential video gateways. It features a 1.3-GHz multithreaded MIPS® processor with the latest transmission-efficient H.264/MPEG Scalable Video Coding (SVC), and Multiview Video Coding (MVC) standards for enabling 1080p60/50 content distribution and full-resolution HD 3DTV and a 1G-pixel-per-second OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) for advanced 3D graphics acceleration.
- 5G WiFi delivers high-capacity, advanced error-correction and interoperable beam-forming technology to significantly improve wireless coverage and eliminate dead spots in a subscriber's home, reducing the instances of costly support calls or truck rolls
- Coupled with the dramatic power savings that 5G WiFi delivers for mobile devices, Miracast™ support allows content to seamlessly come alive on the big screen
- Integrates both the STB and wireless chips in an ultra-small-form-factor design
- Includes optimized internal antenna design within a compact case that can be mounted horizontally or vertically
- Small form factor and wireless capability allow for simple setup and placement anywhere in the home, enabling easy customer install
- Set-Top Boxes
- Home Gateways