Full-Resolution HD 3DTV Set-Top Box SoC Solution
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Broadcom’s BCM7424 is an HD full-resolution 3DTV Set-top Box System-on-a-Chip solution designed for residential video gateways.
Broadcom’s BCM7424 is a high-definition (HD) full-resolution 3DTV Set-top Box (STB) System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution designed for residential video gateways. It also features a 1-Gibabit pixel-per-second OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D GPU for advanced 3D graphics acceleration, and whole-home connectivity that includes Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) support and integrated Ethernet MII and PHY support for connectivity with Broadcom's Wi-Fi and powerline solutions. Providing these high levels of integration and performance, the BCM7424 is designed to meet the needs for the next-generation connected home experience, including a compelling and leading video content experience, more Web-based software applications and the ability to stream content and connect devices in the home and on-the-go.
- Ultra-high-performance applications processor with 3000 DMIPS of applications processing performance supported by unique and powerful 2D and OpenGL ES 2.0 3D GPUs to further enhance Web-based software platforms
- Distributed processing STB architecture featuring an additional 3000 DMIPS (total of 6000) of multiple high-performance subsystem processors and hardware
- Lower-power and higher-performance 40 nm CMOS silicon technology
- The MPEG industry standard, SVC, that supports full-resolution HD 3DTV, and also enables a 40 percent bandwidth savings for backward-compatible 1080p60/50 content distribution to new and Not Recommended for New Design STBs
- Integrated Ethernet MII and physical layer (PHY) capabilities for connectivity with Broadcom's Wi-Fi and powerline solutions and available DLNA server/player software stack to support multiroom DVR services for five or more IP STB client devices, enabling a simpler and cost-effective home architecture that dramatically lowers capital costs
- Customized high-performance (430MHz) VLIW (Very Long Instructional Word) Digital Signal Processing for audio processing
- A broad array of time-to-market Web-based connected-home STB software applications environments including Adobe Flash Platform for TV, Webkit HMTL 5.0, Java, Nokia's Qt Framework including QtWebkit, DLNA 1.5 and DirectFB application libraries
- Unique HD FastRTV® channel-change acceleration technology that improves channel change speeds by up to 500 percent
- Integrates a real-time HD transcoder that converts broadcast, Over-the-Top (OTT) and user-generated content into a wide range of resolutions, formats and bit rates that enable seamless content distribution to connected devices both in the home and on-the-go. Also provides advanced services, such as video conferencing
- Home Gateways
- Set-Top Boxes