Full-Resolution HD 3DTV Set-Top Box SoC Solution
Broadcom’s BCM7424 is an HD full-resolution 3DTV Set-top Box System-on-a-Chip solution designed for residential video gateways.
Broadcom’s BCM7424 is a high-definition (HD) full-resolution 3DTV Set-top Box (STB) System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution designed for residential video gateways. It also features a 1-Gibabit pixel-per-second OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D GPU for advanced 3D graphics acceleration, and whole-home connectivity that includes Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) support and integrated Ethernet MII and PHY support for connectivity with Broadcom's Wi-Fi and powerline solutions. Providing these high levels of integration and performance, the BCM7424 is designed to meet the needs for the next-generation connected home experience, including a compelling and leading video content experience, more Web-based software applications and the ability to stream content and connect devices in the home and on-the-go.
- Ultra-high-performance applications processor with 3000 DMIPS of applications processing performance supported by unique and powerful 2D and OpenGL ES 2.0 3D GPUs to further enhance Web-based software platforms
- Distributed processing STB architecture featuring an additional 3000 DMIPS (total of 6000) of multiple high-performance subsystem processors and hardware
- Lower-power and higher-performance 40 nm CMOS silicon technology
- The MPEG industry standard, SVC, that supports full-resolution HD 3DTV, and also enables a 40 percent bandwidth savings for backward-compatible 1080p60/50 content distribution to new and Not Recommended for New Design STBs
- Integrated Ethernet MII and physical layer (PHY) capabilities for connectivity with Broadcom's Wi-Fi and powerline solutions and available DLNA server/player software stack to support multiroom DVR services for five or more IP STB client devices, enabling a simpler and cost-effective home architecture that dramatically lowers capital costs
- Customized high-performance (430MHz) VLIW (Very Long Instructional Word) Digital Signal Processing for audio processing
- A broad array of time-to-market Web-based connected-home STB software applications environments including Adobe Flash Platform for TV, Webkit HMTL 5.0, Java, Nokia's Qt Framework including QtWebkit, DLNA 1.5 and DirectFB application libraries
- Unique HD FastRTV® channel-change acceleration technology that improves channel change speeds by up to 500 percent
- Integrates a real-time HD transcoder that converts broadcast, Over-the-Top (OTT) and user-generated content into a wide range of resolutions, formats and bit rates that enable seamless content distribution to connected devices both in the home and on-the-go. Also provides advanced services, such as video conferencing
- Home Gateways
- Set-Top Boxes