IP HD STB Client SoC
The BCM7428 is a client System on a Chip (SoC) for HD-based IP Set-top Boxes with integrated MoCA technology.
The BCM7428 is part of the Broadcom SoC portfolio of devices with integrated MoCA technology. By integrating MoCA 2.0 directly in the STB SoC, Broadcom can deliver double the video bandwidth, increased security and lower power requirements. MoCA 2.0 supports an improved packet error rate, enabling higher Quality-of-Service (QoS) levels for operators and enables the effective use of higher numbers of tuner/demods being integrated into next generation STB and gateway devices.
- MoCA 2.0 more than doubles available home network bandwidth and enhances video quality and distribution in the home
- Enables more energy-efficient systems with advanced power management technology for low-power sleep and Wake-on-Lan (WOL) modes
- Supports higher levels of security for enhanced content protection
- Based on 40 nm process technology
- Powered by the high-performance dual-thread Zephyr CPU that delivers 3000 DMIPS
- Set-Top Boxes
- Home Gateways