MoCA 2.0-enabled STB SoC
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
MoCA 2.0-enabled System on a Chip (SoC) for Set-top Boxes (STBs) for cable and satellite video gateways.
Broadcom’s BCM7439 integrates the High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC) compression standard along with Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) 2.0 connectivity for cable and satellite video gateways. The BCM7439 also incorporates a feature called Dual Display, which enables presentation of two simultaneous video channels from the same STB via independent HDMI outputs and remote control devices. The BCM7439 is part of Broadcom's complete portfolio of HEVC-enabled devices that allow operators to substantially cut the bandwidth required for video transmission, offer additional channels on IP, cable or satellite networks, and deliver these services to more locations throughout the home on managed or unmanaged devices.
- 28 nanometer (nm) process node
- High-performance dual-core Brahma15 10000 DMIPs ARMv7 processors, 2180p60 or dual 1080p60 decode and transcode capabilities
- High-performance connectivity peripherals such as USB 3.0, PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet and MoCA 2.0
- Support for high-speed DDR3 and DDR4 devices
- Dedicated interfaces to a range of Broadcom companion front-end cable, DOCSIS®, satellite and 802.11ac Wi-Fi devices
- Set-Top Boxes
|Market Segment||Cable, Satellite|