Cost-Effective IP Set-Top Box SoC for HD Applications
The BCM7468 is part of the Broadcom family of Set-top Box (STB) System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solutions that enable advanced IP digital entertainment services in a low-cost, high-performance and compact package.
The BCM7468 is designed to enable service providers to cost-effectively expand IPTV services, such as networked DVR and IP video services, for both client-server and low-cost standalone deployment models. The BCM7468 addresses the existing requirements for the base of Not Recommended for New Design standard-definition analog TVs in the market.
- Incorporates high-speed DDR3 (for decoding high-definition content)
- High-capacity bulk MLC/SLC NAND, SDIO and serial NOR controller technology
- Delivers HD resolution supporting 1080p60 output
- Integrates full HDMI 1.3 transmitter to support low-cost sub-HD LED panels up to 480/576p resolution
- Integrated power-management controllers and regulators for support of EnergyStar and European Code of Conduct Set-top Box requirements
- Flexible and configurable standby and active modes of operation
- Small form factor, measuring at 17x17mm
- Uses a single 16-bit DDR2 or DDR3 memory device for standard- or high-definition decode respectively to reduce printed circuit board area and bill-of-materials (BOM) cost
- Supports DVD-quality output (up to 480p) for enhanced-definition viewing and SD + SD picture-in-picture (PIP) capabilities
- Supports HDMI 1.3 output
- Set-Top Boxes