High-Definition Digital Transport Adapter SoC
Broadcom’s BCM7582 is a 40 nm Digital Transport Adapter (DTA) System on a Chip (SoC) for entry-level HD set-top box platforms.
Broadcom's BCM7582 targets global cable broadcasting markets and features advanced security. The chip is also part of Broadcom’s solutions for entry-level international HDTV cable markets, which feature scalable and cost-effective designs to reduce complexity, size and overall system costs to enable greater deployment of high-definition digital cable boxes throughout the world.
- 1-GHz DVB-C tuner with advanced RF receiver technology to support worldwide cable system requirements
- FastRTV® fast channel change technology to reduce channel change time
- Combines Conditional Access and DRM for comprehensive security system support
- High-performance audio processor with Broadcom automatic volume leveling technology
- HDMI 1.4a and component outputs for HD displays support
- Integrated IP receiving features from integrated Ethernet port or USB ports
- Reduces energy in the home by lowering power consumption with an integrated standby power management controller and AVS (Adaptive Voltage Scaling) technology
- Set-Top Boxes