High-Definition Digital Transport Adapter SoC
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Broadcom’s BCM7582 is a 40 nm Digital Transport Adapter (DTA) System on a Chip (SoC) for entry-level HD set-top box platforms.
Broadcom's BCM7582 targets global cable broadcasting markets and features advanced security. The chip is also part of Broadcom’s solutions for entry-level international HDTV cable markets, which feature scalable and cost-effective designs to reduce complexity, size and overall system costs to enable greater deployment of high-definition digital cable boxes throughout the world.
- 1-GHz DVB-C tuner with advanced RF receiver technology to support worldwide cable system requirements
- FastRTV® fast channel change technology to reduce channel change time
- Combines Conditional Access and DRM for comprehensive security system support
- High-performance audio processor with Broadcom automatic volume leveling technology
- HDMI 1.4a and component outputs for HD displays support
- Integrated IP receiving features from integrated Ethernet port or USB ports
- Reduces energy in the home by lowering power consumption with an integrated standby power management controller and AVS (Adaptive Voltage Scaling) technology
- Set-Top Boxes