Dual-Mode HD DTA SoC
The BCM7592 is a dual mode high-definition Digital Transport Adapter (DTA) SoC that supports DVB-C, DVB-T and ISDB-T dual-mode HD broadcasting.
Aimed at emerging opportunities in China, India and developing countries, the BCM7592 is a 40 nm System on a Chip (SoC) that combines high integration and cross-platform design to fuel cost-effective global digital TV transitions. By converting TV programming from analog to digital, Broadcom is paving the way for the expanded network capacity that operators require in order to deliver more interactive HDTV programming and services around the globe.
- With integrated tuner and demodulators, the BCM7592 can switch between DVB_C or digital terrestrial (either DVB_T or ISDB_T) mode seamlessly
- Broadcom's Nexus API (Application Programming Interface) software, enabling the same design platforms and tools for accelerated time-to-market
- Incorporates Annex A, B and C DVB_C and DVB_T RF (Radio Frequency) tuners, RF pass through, both 1024 QAM and COFDM digital demodulators, CPU, and MPEG/AVC HD decoder and output
- Integrated IP receiving features from integrated Ethernet port or USB ports and the latest Digital Rights Management (DRM) support
- Pin-Pin compatible with Broadcom's BCM7358 DVB-S2 (Digital Video Broadcasting - Satellite 2), BCM7542, BCM7552 and BCM7582 DTA solutions
- Advanced security including Nagravision, NDS, Conax, Irdeto and others
- Reduces energy in the home by lowering power consumption with an integrated standby power management controller and AVS (Adaptive Voltage Scaling) technology
- Supports the transition to hybrid IP home networks that efficiently bring additional video streams and IP services to connected devices in the home ecosystem