Single-Chip IAD with Integrated ADSL2+, 802.11n and DECT
Integrated access device (IAD) combines high performance ADSL2+ and 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN), along with Gigabit Ethernet switching, Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT), and voice over IP (VoIP) for IADs and high-end residential gateways.
This IAD solution provides OEMs with the lowest component count, size, power and cost, and enables service providers to offer a single device that delivers a fast Internet connection and robust DECT/DECT6.0/CAT-iq and Wi-Fi® connectivity to support triple play services (voice, video and data). The integrated DSL+WLAN solution eliminates the need for consumers to purchase a separate DSL modem, wireless router and DECT cordless base station, significantly reducing the cost of home networking.
- ADSL2+ transceiver and AFE with a high-performance multicore MIPS32 CPU, ATM/PTM hardware SAR, hardware packet-processing accelerator
- Gigabit Ethernet switch core with four 10/100 Ethernet PHYs and dual GMII interfaces, dual USB Host/Device, multichannel TDM/PCM bus, parallel expansion bus supporting CardBus, and mini-PCI into a single high-performance monolithic device
- 2x2 802.11n core, which offers best-in-class range and throughput to support the video, voice and data services that broadband providers are offering to subscribers
- WLAN subsystem includes Accelerange™ technology
- 2x2 802.11n radio supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz operation
- High performance 400 MHz dual core processor architecture, hardware-assisted wirespeed bridging and routing, hardware assisted IPsec security for virtual private network (VPN) termination, gigabit switching, and support for USB 2.0 host and devices
- CAT-iq DECT core for HD voice, multi-line cordless VoIP and internet connectivity
- Home Gateways
- Voice over IP (VoIP)