Quad Turbo-EPON® (1 or 2 Gb/s) Optical Line Terminal SoC
Quad-port Optical Line Terminal (OLT) System-on-a-Chip (SoC) with four dual speed TURBO-EPON® MACs and multiservice traffic management and shaping.
Based on the industry's most popular Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) OLT SoC, Broadcom's TK3723, the third-generation BCM55524 provides substantially higher line-card density, reduced power, and increased integration. Because the BCM55524's API is fully compatible with the TK3723's API, the BCM55524 supports the fastest time-to-market for next generation 1G/2.5G EPON OLT systems. Designed for access networks serving both business and residential subscribers, the BCM55524 provides all the built-in functionality and performance required for OLTs delivering triple-play services. The BCM55524's Turbo-EPON MACs feature a configurable Dynamic Bandwidth Algorithm (DBA) that supports hierarchical fairness for guaranteed Service Level Agreement (SLA) contracts. Fully configurable L2/L3/L4 line rate packet processing allows for advanced classification, filtering, and application monitoring.
- BCM55524 provides the foundation for 4-port, 8-port, 12-port, and 16-port standalone and chassis 1G/2G EPON OLT systems:
- Four 1Gb/s IEEE 802.3ah-compliant MACs with 2Gb/s Turbo-EPON TM support
- Full TK3723 API-compatibility: Fastest Time-to-Market for TK3723 OEMs
- Smart CPE sleep/power-saving mode. Automatically controls and buffers traffic for sleeping (powered down) ONUs
- Reduced system BOM cost due to integrated EPON Burst SerDes, SGMII SerDes, DDR3 memory interfaces, and support for booting multiple BCM55524s from a single Flash memory: integration of up to 7 ASSPs and reduction of up to 7 memory devices
- Traffic Management with per-Queue Shaping: 4,096 queues with up to 512 MB of Packet Buffering. Enables traffic grooming and shaping with per subscriber/per-service Service Level Agreements (SLAs), while supporting multiservice deployment and avoiding head-of-line blocking conditions
- Customer Premises Equipment (CPE)
|Market Segment||Optical Line Termination/OLT|