High-Density 10G-EPON Optical Line Terminal Family
The BCM5553x series allows OEMs to address telco and cable MSO 10G FTTx deployments with one silicon platform.
Broadcom’s BCM5553x series is a family of complete Systems on a Chip (SOCs) that deliver 10x bandwidth and higher subscriber count per fiber network. Designed to address high-speed connectivity and Quality of Service (QoS) requirements of residential triple-play services including Video on Demand (VoD), HD-IPTV, Voice over IP (VoIP) and high-speed Internet, the BCM5553x series of OLT SOCs delivers 10x more bandwidth. When combined with the BCM88350 family of integrated single-chip traffic manager/packet processors and the ultra-low-power, small-footprint BCM55030 Optical Network Unit (ONU) SoC, the BCM5553x 10G EPON Optical Line Terminal (OLT) family delivers a complete high-performance chipset platform.
- IEEE 802.3av, SIEPON P1904.1/D3.0, China Telecom 3.0, and Cable Labs® DPoE TM compliant
- Simultaneous 10G symmetric and asymmetric operation with 1.25 Gb/s/2.5 Gb/s co-existence
- 8x 10G IEEE 803.3av-compatible MACs with integrated 10G and 1G Burst-mode OLT SerDes
- Supports up to 512 subscribers per 10G port with up to four classes of service per subscriber
- Network Synchronization support for Mobile Backhaul over PON (1588 v2, ToD/1PPS, SyncE)
- Support for extended-reach PON up to 100 km
- Support for DOCSIS® Mediation Layer (DMLTM) middleware for Cable MSO applications
- Customer Premises Equipment (CPE)
|Market Segment||Cable, Optical Line Termination/OLT|