Next-Generation HomePlug Device for Whole-Home Connectivity
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
The BCM60500 HomePlug® AV2 powerline device delivers carrier-grade reliability and Gigabit-class speeds over home electrical wiring.
Broadcom’s BCM60500 HomePlug AV2 device can achieve physical layer rates of up to 1.5 Gigabits per second (Gb/s) over a home's existing electrical wiring. The device enables simultaneous multiroom HDTV distribution, low-latency real-time online 3D gaming and whole-home Internet coverage. Broadcom's BCM60500 is part of Broadcom’s complete line of Adaptive Home Network solutions that integrate with Wi-Fi, set-top box, gateway and TV platforms for superior in-home Internet coverage and reliability.
- Fully interoperable with all HomePlug AV2 profiles, which include 750 Mb/s SISO and 1.5 Gb/s MIMO physical layer rates
- Native support for TR-069 remote management
- Minimizes overall design costs with an integrated Gigabit Ethernet PHY, an additional RGMII/MII interface for connecting to broadband gateway and STB SoCs, a PCIe interface for connecting to Wi-Fi chipsets, and integrated linear and switching voltage regulators to reduce external components
- Meets regulatory power requirements including EuP Lot 6 and the CENELEC 50561-1 standard
- Powerline Communications (PLC)