Next-Generation HomePlug Device for Whole-Home Connectivity
The BCM60500 HomePlug® AV2 powerline device delivers carrier-grade reliability and Gigabit-class speeds over home electrical wiring.
Broadcom’s BCM60500 HomePlug AV2 device can achieve physical layer rates of up to 1.5 Gigabits per second (Gb/s) over a home's existing electrical wiring. The device enables simultaneous multiroom HDTV distribution, low-latency real-time online 3D gaming and whole-home Internet coverage. Broadcom's BCM60500 is part of Broadcom’s complete line of Adaptive Home Network solutions that integrate with Wi-Fi, set-top box, gateway and TV platforms for superior in-home Internet coverage and reliability.
- Fully interoperable with all HomePlug AV2 profiles, which include 750 Mb/s SISO and 1.5 Gb/s MIMO physical layer rates
- Native support for TR-069 remote management
- Minimizes overall design costs with an integrated Gigabit Ethernet PHY, an additional RGMII/MII interface for connecting to broadband gateway and STB SoCs, a PCIe interface for connecting to Wi-Fi chipsets, and integrated linear and switching voltage regulators to reduce external components
- Meets regulatory power requirements including EuP Lot 6 and the CENELEC 50561-1 standard
- Powerline Communications (PLC)