Quad-Core 2.0GHz 64-bit ARM®v8 Cortex®-A57 based SoC
The BCM5871X is a series of quad-core 64-bit 2GHz ARM® v8 Cortex®-A57 communication processors targeting a broad range of networking applications including virtual CPE (vCPE) and NFV appliances, 10G service routers and gateways, control plane processing for Ethernet switches, and network attached storage (NAS). The BCM5871x combines advanced computing, networking and virtualization functions on a single SoC with the industry’s first quad-core A57 CPU delivering 34,000 DMIPS below 10 watts, providing unprecedented levels of integration and setting a new bar on performance and power efficiency.
The BCM5871x integrates Broadcom’s server class network interface controller with virtualization, stateless offloads, and packet processing capabilities. As result, the BCM5871X networking interfaces can be shared across various VMs, increasing productivity and bandwidth efficiency. Moreover, Broadcom’s TruFlow™ packet flow processing technology enables Open vSwitch acceleration through CPU offload helping to scale and increase VNF density, in addition to offering flexible Software-Defined Networking (SDN) provisioning and policy controls.
The BCM5871x SoCs are supported by Yocto-compliant Linux Development Kit (LDK) and pre-integrated Switch Development Kit (SDK) and WiFi drivers. The BCM5871x software includes support for open source projects and development models (KVM, OpenStack, Open vSwitch, OpenDaylight, DPDK, and ODP™).
- Quad-core ARM Cortex®-A57 64-bit 2GHz ARMv8-A CPU architecture
- Hardware virtualization support
- Integrated server-class NIC and FlexSPARX™ v2 accelerator for packet processing
- 2x 10GE + 2x 2.5GE (25G total), RGMII management, and IEEE 1588v2 timing
- TruFlow™ integrated flow processing engine
- 64/72-bit DDR3/DDR3L/ DDR-4 2133/2400 memory interface with optional ECC
- 8 Lanes of PCIe supporting different lane widths and RC and EP functionality
- Advanced power management modes (WoL, WoWLAN, WoActivity)
- Yocto-compliant LDK with pre-integrated Switch SDK & WLAN drivers
- Support for open source projects and development models (KVM, OpenStack, Open vSwitch, OpenDaylight, DPDK, and ODP™)
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Line Cards
- Managed Switches
- Residential Broadband Gateways
|External Memory Interfaces|