XLP II® Processor Family: XLP700 Multi-Core, Multi-Threaded, Third-Generation Processor
Multicore processors incorporate breakthrough XLP II® processor technology that integrates up to 80 NXCPUs and up to 160 Gb/s of application performance on a single device.
The XLP II® 700 series of processors are highly optimized and ideally suited for the stringent performance, security, efficiency and scalability requirements of service provider, data center and enterprise networks. With quad-issue, quad-threading and advanced out-of-order execution CPU architecture, the XLP II 700 series offers unparalleled processing performance for both control plane and data plane applications. The flagship processor features end-to-end virtualization, advanced security capabilities such as deep-packet inspection (DPI), and innovative network and application intelligence technology with wire-speed networking and multilayer QoS capabilities.
- 160 Gb/s application performance on a single device
- Superscalar, quad-issue, CPU pipeline with out-of-order execution, high single-thread performance
- Tri-level cache subsystem
- Full end-to-end hardware virtualization support for the CPU cores, I/Os, hardware accelerators and on-chip interconnects
- Supports hundreds of virtual machines (VMs), with protected memory, resources and I/Os, supports KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) and QEMU (open-sourced Quick EMUlater)
- Four DDR3 controllers with 68.25 GB/s total bandwidth
- High-performance 100 Gb/s encryption and authentication
- RSA1K, RSA2K, RSA4K, RSA8K and ECC support
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (Processors)
- Data Center Servers (Processors)