Persona® Presence HD Multimedia Coprocessor
Broadcom’s BCM11181 provides high-performance, high-quality multimedia features for consumer and enterprise Voice-over-IP (VoIP) telephones and Service-over-IP (SoIP) products, network-connected digital picture frames and similar advanced multimedia products.
The BCM11181 low-power design enables green desktop product designs as well as portable battery-powered products. The BCM11181, coupled with the BCM11107 VoIP IP communications processor and Broadcom's PhonexChange™ IP communications software, yields an ideal solution for providing advanced HD-quality multimedia and graphical user interface features for next-generation carrier-grade consumer SoIP products and video-capable enterprise VoIP products. A single BCM11181 can support HD video playback or video conferencing at up to WVGA resolutions. Adding an additional BCM11181 coprocessor enables high-definition video conferencing.
- Coprocessor for IP communications applications
- The BCM11181, coupled with the BCM11107 IP communications processor and PhonexChange voice, video and multimedia software enables:
- - H.264, 30fps, WVGA (bi-directional) video phones
- - H.264, 30fps, HD (720p) (bi-directional) personal telepresence video phones (requires two BCM11181s)
- High-definition video (720p) H.264 encode and decode, both High Profile, at 30 fps
- - Supports all major video compression algorithms, including H.263, MPEG-4/2/1 and VC-1
- - Supports full-duplex H.264, H.263 and MPEG-4 video at WVGA resolution
- - Direct TV Connect with HDTV via HDMI with HD content protection (HDCP) and component video, S-Video and composite video
- Image processing power to support compelling image and video display, including 3D transitions and graphics
- Rich and immersive user interface acceleration with 3D menu features
- Personal Telepresence Devices