XLS2xx Processor LiTE Evaluation Board
Comprehensive platform that provides a vehicle for rapid evaluation of the XLS2xx Processors®.
Additionally, the LiTE platform was developed such that the design collateral (BOM, Schematics, Layout, etc.) can provide developers with a basis for the rapid system development tailored to their specific requirements. Broadcom's XLS Processor® family expands on the success of the XLR Processor® product line by offering mid- to entry-level derivative versions of the powerful Multi-Core, Multi-Thread architecture. The XLS Processor Family leverages XLR's multithreaded cores, Fast Messaging Network® (FMN), high-speed point-to-point distributed memory and I/O interconnects, autonomous acceleration, scalability and innovation, while extending software compatibility throughout both product families and addressing applications where Printed Circuit Board (PCB) real estate and power are scarce. The XLS Processor Family supports a rich set of features and integration with unprecedented power and performance for systems developed for communication and telecommunication, enterprise LAN (wireless and wired), and Small-and-Medium Business (SMB) networking applications. These solutions include integrated security appliances, wireless Access Points and switches, ATCA and AMC service cards, secure wireless and wireline routers and switches, telecom media gateways, radio controllers and network signaling devices.
- XLS208 Processor (also supports XLS204 and XLS4xx Processors)
- Processor speeds to 1.2GHz
- DDR2 SDRAM Slot - 1 GB DDR2
- -Slot accepts buffered or unbuffered, single- or dual-rank 240-pin DDR2 DIMMs with 64-bit data, 8-bit ECC
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Flash Device on Board for Boot Operations with 512MB NAND Flash support
- 2 Serial UART Ports
- 4 independent x1 PCIe Interfaces, 2.5GHz operation per lane I2C Bus Interface with Real-Time Clock (RTC) and on-die temperature sensor support
- EJTAG headers for debugging and testing
- Status LEDS for bring-up and debug
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (Processors)
- Data Center Servers (Processors)
- Home and Small Business Servers (Processors)