Multirate 10G/1G EPON Optical Network Unit with L3-Aware Switching and Traffic Management
Comprehensive platform that provides a vehicle for rapid evaluation of the XLS2xx Processors®.
Additionally, the LiTE platform was developed such that the design collateral (BOM, Schematics, Layout, etc.) can provide developers with a basis for the rapid system development tailored to their specific requirements. Broadcom's XLS Processor® family expands on the success of the XLR® processor product line by offering mid- to entry-level derivative versions of the powerful multicore, multithread architecture. The XLS Processor® Family leverages XLR's multithreaded cores, Fast Messaging Network® (FMN), high-speed point-to-point distributed memory and I/O interconnects, autonomous acceleration, scalability and innovation, while extending software compatibility throughout both product families and addressing applications where Printed Circuit Board (PCB) real estate and power are scarce. The XLS Processor Family supports a rich set of features and integration with unprecedented power and performance for systems developed for communication and telecommunication, enterprise LAN (wireless and wired), and Small-and-Medium Business (SMB) networking applications. These solutions include integrated security appliances, wireless Access Points and switches, ATCA and AMC service cards, secure wireless and wireline routers and switches, telecom media gateways, radio controllers and network signaling devices.
- XLS408 Processor (also supports XLS404 and XLS2xx Processors)
- 2 DDR2 SDRAM Slots — 2 GB DDR2
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Flash Device on board for boot operations with 512MB NAND Flash support
- 2 Serial UART Ports
- 1 four-pin RS232 serial port interface
- 4 independent x1 PCIe Interfaces, 2.5GHz operation per lane Status LEDS for bring-up and debug
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (Processors)
- Data Center Servers (Processors)
- Home and Small Business Servers (Processors)