XLS208 and XLS204 Multi-Core, Multi-Threaded Processors
Leverages the original XLR® series performance, scalability and innovation while extending software compatibility throughout both product families and addressing applications where printed circuit board real estate and power are premiums.
The XLS® 200 Series processors from Broadcom provides system designers with pin-compatible upgradeability from within the series. The XLS 200 Series Processors support a rich set of features and integration with unprecedented power/performance for embedded communication and telecommunication, enterprise wireless and wired-line LAN, and small-to-medium business (SMB) networking applications. These solutions include 3G/WiMAX/LTE base stations, integrated security appliances, wireless Access Points and switches, ATCA and AMC service cards, secured wire line routers and switches, telecom media gateways, radio controllers and network signaling equipment. The XLS 200 Series processors integrate general-purpose processing, high-level programming, scalability with thread processing, intelligent packet management, and the ability to combine control plane, data plane and security operations on a single processor built on advanced submicron silicon technology.
- 64-bit MIPS64 ISA with enhanced instruction
- Two cores - each four-way multithreaded
- Fine-grain processing of eight threads
- Fully cache-coherent MOSI Protocol
- Connects all cores, caches, I/O and processing agents
- Up to 1.0 Gb/s of bulk encryption / decryption Kasumi, DES/3DES, AES/AES-GCM, ARC4 (128, 192, 256)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256/384/512 (All HMAC) RSA, DH and ECC Exponentiation and Multiplication
- Virtual MIPS Mode enables virtualization of unmapped memory region
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (Processors)
- Data Center Servers (Processors)
- Home and Small Business Servers (Processors)