Secure Wireless Gateway Reference Design
Enables multiservice gateways and Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances targeting the Small to Medium Business (SMB) market.
The XLS®-based Secure Wireless Gateway reference design is capable of supporting up to 7 GbE ports, 4 USB ports and compact flash. The reference design connects to a 802.11n card, or a Not Recommended for New Design 802.11a/b/g card, through the Mini PCIe interface. An on-board regular expression solution from Broadcom solves pattern-matching problems that are critical for intrusion-detection and intrusion-prevention scenarios. The NLS045 content processor can process 100K+ rules and provides OEMs and ODMs the flexibility of selecting from a range of pin-compatible content processors with performance ranging from 400 Mb/s to 4 Gb/s. Broadcom's wireless gateway/UTM reference design is a complete hardware and reference software solution supported by a full ecosystem of ODM partners.
- Board with single Broadcom XLS108* Processor® operating at 750 MHz
*The NAS board layout is also pin-compatible with the XLS104 Processor
- 64 MB NOR Flash memory installed on-board with capability of supporting flash sizes from 16 MB to 128 MB
- Support for 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless chipsets via Mini PCIe port
- Compact flash socket
- 5+1 Ports GE Switch connected to 1st SGMII port on XLS
- Two LEDs per port for link/status/activity monitoring
- Design supports memory speeds up to DDR2-533
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (Processors)
- Data Center Servers (Processors)
- Home and Small Business Servers (Processors)