Highly integrated PCI-compliant secure microcontroller System on a Chip (SoC) designed for secure payment applications and user authentication functions in computing platforms. Secure payment applications include point-of-sale (POS) terminals, mobile POS (mPOS), embedded payment / vending, secure card readers, and as a secure coprocessor. For computing platforms, 5810X can perform hardware-based, host-isolated user authentication and provide secure card reader functions. All functions are performed within a single device, including contactless and contacted smart cards, biometrics (fingerprint), passphrase, and one-time-password within pre-boot application (PBA) or OS-present environments. In addition, this device can run custom secure applications.
In addition to reading contactless smart cards, the integrated RFID reader can also function as a Near Field Communication (NFC) reader. All processing occurs within the credential vault's secure boundary, allowing users to keep sensitive keys, credentials and other security functions out of vulnerable host memory.
- ARM® Cortex™-M3 up to 250 MHz
- FIPS 140-2 level 3 certified
- PCI-compliant architecture
- Integrated RFID reader supports NFC, HID iCLASS®/SeOS, 14443 A/B and FIPS 201-compliant PIV contactless smart cards
- Credential Vault for secure storage and use of credentials
- FIPS 201 and EMVCo™ compliant contacted smart card reader
- Full on-chip fingerprint authentication processing
- Secure boot process to help avert system attacks
- USB host/device, SPI, SMbus, UART interfaces
- Low power consumption with extensive power management capabilities
- Point-of-sale (POS) terminals, mPOS, embedded payment / vending
- PC Client Security / multi-factor user authentication
- Authentication dongles, fobs, keyboards, mice
- Secure co-processor, add security capability to general application processing (AP) system