High-Performance Data Center SoC with Integrated NetXtreme® Ethernet Controller
The Broadcom® NetXtreme® S-Series BCM58800 family of data center System-on-Chip (SoC) devices are purpose-built to enable solutions in the evolving data center. The devices integrate powerful networking and processing subsystems for a wide range of data center applications including programmable NIC (or Smart NIC) for data plane acceleration and high-performance Flash storage disaggregation using NVMe-over-Fabrics (NVMe-oF). The BCM58800 devices are fabricated in a low-power, 16nm FinFET+ process, enabling leading performance in unprecedented power envelopes.
The BCM58800 devices feature a NetXtreme E-Series advanced network controller, a high-performance ARM CPU block, PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 interfaces, key accelerators for compute offload and a high-speed memory subsystem including L3 cache and DDR4 interfaces, all interconnected by a coherent Network-on-chip (NOC) fabric.
The network interface is powered by the latest generation of NetXtreme controller technology, delivering high packet rate and low latency. Support for the NVMe-oF standard is enabled over RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet) v1 & v2 as well as over TCP and other transports, ensuring a future-proof and scalable platform for the deployment of disaggregated storage over a range of topologies. The powerful TruFlow™ configurable flow accelerator adds a powerful packet inspection and processing capability in the hardware, moving common flow-processing workloads into hardware and freeing CPUs for application workloads.
The ARM CPU subsystem features eight ARMv8 Cortex-A72 CPUs at 3.0 GHz, arranged in a multi-cluster configuration.
The BCM58800 Ethernet interface uses a multi-rate SerDes PHY that is common to Broadcom switch silicon, featuring 4-lane 25 Gb/s transceivers to support various configurations up to 100 Gb/s and subset configurations up to four channels. The interface supports direct connection of optical modules or DAC (direct-attach copper) cables without requiring an external PHY.
A variety of interfaces are included for boot and OS code, journaling and similar usage, including up to 8 SATA3 ports, eMMC/SDIO, 1 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.0 and 2.0, SPI, QSPI, and NAND flash. Other common interfaces include NC-SI, JTAG, UART, BSC, MDIO and GPIOs.
- Eight 3GHz 64-bit ARM® v8 Cortex®-A72 cores
- 48 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- 2MB L2 cache per CPU pair and 8MB L3 system cache
- Integrated NetXtreme E-Series 100Gb Ethernet controller
- IEEE 802.3by 25Gb Serdes support
- TruFlow™ configurable flow accelerator
- RoCE v1/v2 support
- SR-IOV with 2K virtual function (VF) support w/ RoCE support
- PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 x16 with configurable as endpoint or root complex
- 3 channels DDR4-2400 with 72-bit ECC
- 90Gbps cryptography engine with single-pass hashing and encryption
- RAID 6 and RAID 5 XOR/Erasure support
- Deduplication (De-Dup) including Rabin Fingerprint, SHA and MD5
- Secure boot
- Secure key storage
- ARM TrustZone®
- Public Key Acceleration (PKA) Engine
- NVMe-oF storage arrays
- Cold storage
|Smart Congestion Control||Yes|