Quad-Port 10GBASE-T 40nm PHY with IEEE EEE/MACsec, 23mm BGA
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Complete quad 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T and 10GBASE-T solution operating at 100m over Category 6a unshielded twisted-pair cable.
Its 23x23 mm BGA package permits 48-port 1RU switches to be implemented with the physical layers in a single row, with room remaining for six Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable (QSFP) uplinks. The BCM84848 offers lower power than our first-generation 40 nm 10GBASE-T PHYs while adding Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) for 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, in addition to 10GBASE-T. Optional Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS) delivers a low-power solution while enabling a low-cost implementation. The BCM84848 is based on a highly advanced digital signal processor architecture to enable robust operations over worst-case unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables.
- Small 23 x 23 mm package enables single-row PHY design for 48-port switches while offering forward compatible footprint Robust operation over 100m Category 6a cables with industry-standard four-pair magnetics
- Auto-negotiation lowers system administration cost
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) now on 10GbE, GbE and 100MbE
- IEEE standard device interoperability: 100 Mb/s, 1000 Mb/s and 10 Gb/s
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
|External Memory Interfaces||8-bit and 16-bit Flash, w/ 6 Chip Selects SRAM, NVSRAM|