Quad-Port 10GBASE-T 40nm PHY with IEEE EEE/MACsec, 23mm BGA
Complete quad 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T and 10GBASE-T solution operating at 100m over Category 6a unshielded twisted-pair cable.
Its 23x23 mm BGA package permits 48-port 1RU switches to be implemented with the physical layers in a single row, with room remaining for six Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable (QSFP) uplinks. The BCM84848 offers lower power than our first-generation 40 nm 10GBASE-T PHYs while adding Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) for 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, in addition to 10GBASE-T. Optional Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS) delivers a low-power solution while enabling a low-cost implementation. The BCM84848 is based on a highly advanced digital signal processor architecture to enable robust operations over worst-case unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables.
- Small 23 x 23 mm package enables single-row PHY design for 48-port switches while offering forward compatible footprint Robust operation over 100m Category 6a cables with industry-standard four-pair magnetics
- Auto-negotiation lowers system administration cost
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) now on 10GbE, GbE and 100MbE
- IEEE standard device interoperability: 100 Mb/s, 1000 Mb/s and 10 Gb/s
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
|External Memory Interfaces||8-bit and 16-bit Flash, w/ 6 Chip Selects SRAM, NVSRAM|