Quad-Port SGMII Copper/Fiber Gigabit/IEEE1588v2 Ethernet Transceiver
Fully integrated quad gigabit transceiver with support for Energy Efficient Ethernet™ (EEE), Synchronous Ethernet and IEEE 1588v2.
The MDI twisted-pair transceiver consists of four triple-speed 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet transceivers or four SGMII to Fiber (100BASE-FX, 1000BASE-X, or SGMII-Slave) interfaces. When in Copper mode, the PHY performs all of the physical layer functions for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T, and on standard Category 5 UTP cable. When in SGMII to Fiber mode, the PHY performs all of the PHY functions for 100BASEFX, 1000BASE-X and SGMII-Slave.
- SGMII interface
- Support for IEEE 802.3-compliant copper line interfaces: 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T
- Support for the following fiber line interfaces: 1000BASE-X, 100BASE-FX, SGMII-Slave
- Integrated Twisted Pair termination resistors
- IEEE 802.3az Compliant (Energy Efficient Ethernet): support for native EEE MACs, support for Not Recommended for New Design non-EEE MACs using AutogrEEEn® mode
- SyncE, IEEE 1588v2 PTP and ITU-T Y.1731 delay measurement support