Octal Integrated IEEE 802.3at-Compliant PSE Controller
Highly integrated, IEEE 802.3at-compliant Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) controller with unsurpassed integration and flexibility.
It contains eight low-RDS with on-chip, high-voltage pass-FETs, internal current sense and an onboard microcontroller — all targeted to significantly reduce the complexity of Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) designs while easing PCB layout. The BCM59121 provides excellent protection under all possible fault conditions and overloads. It also supports two-event Classification for Type 2 applications.
- Highest integration allows lowest total bill of materials (BOM) count, easier PCB placement and PCB area saving
- Eliminates need for a heat sink
- Easy layout and design via simple ground/power plane
- Integrated MCU provides FW upgrade path and flexibility for system designers
- Power over Ethernet Products