NetXtreme® S-Series 2x25Gb High-Performance Data Center Smart NIC
The Broadcom® NetXtreme® S-Series PS225 Smart NIC is purpose-built to enable solutions in the evolving data center. The board integrates powerful networking and processing subsystems for Smart NIC applications including data plane acceleration and software-defined storage (SDS) including NVMe-over-Fabrics (NVMe-oF). The PS225 is designed in a low-profile, half-length form factor for both half-height and full-height PCIe slots.
The PS225 Smart NIC features the BCM58802 high-performance data center SoC, which incorporates a NetXtreme E-Series advanced network controller, a high-performance ARM CPU block, PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 x8 interface, key accelerators for compute offload and a high-speed memory subsystem including L3 cache and DDR4 interfaces, all interconnected by a coherent Network-on-chip (NOC) fabric.
The network interface is powered by the latest generation of NetXtreme controller technology, delivering high packet rate and low latency. The powerful TruFlow™ configurable flow accelerator adds a powerful packet inspection and processing capability in the hardware, moving common flow-processing workloads into hardware and freeing CPUs for application workloads. Support for the NVMe-oF standard is enabled over RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet) v1 & v2 as well as over TCP and other transports, ensuring a future-proof and scalable platform for the deployment of disaggregated storage over a range of topologies.
The ARM CPU subsystem features eight ARMv8 Cortex-A72 CPUs at 3.0 GHz, arranged in a multi-cluster configuration.
The PS225 Ethernet interface uses a multi-rate SerDes PHY connected to two SFP28 connectors to provide dual-port 25 Gb connectivity. The interface supports direct connection of optical modules or DAC (direct-attach copper) cables.
- PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 x8
- 2x25Gb SFP28 Ethernet connectivity
- PCIe half-height, half-length form factor
- Eight 3.0 GHz 64-bit ARM® v8 Cortex®-A72 cores
- 48 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache per CPU
- 2MB L2 cache per CPU pair and 8MB L3 system cache
- Integrated NetXtreme E-Series Ethernet controller
- TruFlow™ configurable flow accelerator
- RoCE v1/v2 support
- SR-IOV with 2K virtual function (VF) support w/ RoCE
- Line-rate cryptography engine with single-pass hashing and encryption
- Public Key Acceleration (PKA) Engine
- RAID 6 and RAID 5 XOR/Erasure support
- Deduplication (De-Dup) including Rabin Fingerprint, SHA and MD5
- IEEE 802.3by 25Gb SerDes support
- Up to 16GB of on-board dual-channel DDR4 memory
- Hardware-based Root of Trust for Secure Firmware update
- Secure key storage
- ARM TrustZone®
|Adapter Type||PCIe NIC|
If you are looking for older or archived product downloads, please use the documents and downloads search tool.