10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver
Triple-speed 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) Gigabit (GbE) transceivers integrated into a single monolithic CMOS chip.
The device performs all physical layer functions for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T Ethernet on standard Category 5 Unshielded Twisted-Pair (UTP) cable. 10BASE-T can also run on standard Category 3, 4 and 5 UTP. The BCM5421xE family is based on the proven digital signal processor technology from Broadcom, combining digital adaptive equalizers, ADCs, phase locked loops, line drivers, encoders, decoders, echo cancellers, crosstalk cancellers, and all other required support circuitry integrated into a single chip. With full compliance to Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, the BCM5421xE substantially lowers power consumption during periods of low-link utilization. In addition, with Broadcom's AutogrEEEn® technology, the BCM5421xE can be in EEE mode when interfacing with non-EEE enabled MACs, allowing system designers to take advantage of EEE technology and realize power savings today. Optimized for power-intensive Ethernet network applications, the BCM5421xE PHY family is Broadcom's smallest-area, lowest-power single Gigabit PHY.
- Fully compliant to Energy Efficient Ethernet for 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX as defined by the IEEE Std 802.3™-2012 standard
- Broadcom AutoGrEEEn® technology extends EEE power savings to Not Recommended for New Design MACs
- Integrated Wake-on-LAN (WOL) enables remote system activation over the network, reducing system power and complexity
- SyncE+, SyncE, IEEE 1588v2 PTP and ITU-T Y.1731 delay measurement support
- Enhanced cable plant diagnostics that detect cable plant impairments
- The BCM5421xE single-port Gigabit PHY family consists of the following devices:
- BCM54210E: Single-port RGMII 10/100/1000BASE-T PHY with EEE & WOL
- BCM54214E: Single-port RGMII 10/100/1000BASE-T PHY with EEE, WOL, SyncE+, SyncE, IEEE 1588v2 PTP & ITU-T Y.1731 delay measurement support
- BCM54216E: Single-port GMII 10/100/1000BASE-T PHY & WOL
- BCM54219E: Single-port GMII 10/100/1000BASE-T PHY with EEE, WOL, SyncE+, SyncE, IEEE 1588v2 PTP & ITU-T Y.1731 delay measurement support