16nm 50GbE PAM-4 PHY (1:1) or (2:1)
The Broadcom BCM81118 is a single-chip low-power, low-latency PAM-4 PHY integrating retimer and equalizer functions supporting 50GbE applications. In 50GbE mode, the BCM81118 retimes, and equalizes a 1×50G PAM-4 or 2×25G NRZ host side signal lanes into a 1×50G PAM-4 line-side signal to drive optical PAM-4 links inside next generation modules, including SFP56. On-chip clock synthesis is performed by a low-cost 156.25 MHz reference clock via high-frequency, low jitter phase-locked loops (PLLs). The BCM81118 is fabricated in advanced low-power 16 nm CMOS technology and is available in a RoHS-compliant package.
- 50GbE (1×50G) PAM-4 PHY
- Host side: 1×50G PAM-4 or 2×25G NRZ
- Line side: 1×50G PAM-4
- Repeater and gearbox modes (no FEC)
- CEI-28G/56G MR compliant
- Integrated host side AC-coupling caps
- Line-side and client-side loopbacks
- Supports both MMF & SMF fiber links
- Low-power 16 nm CMOS design
- 50GbE (1 × 50G) PAM-4 links for MMF/SMF
- 50GbE SFP56 module form-factors.