28nm Octal 25G/28G Bidirectional Repeater
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
The BCM82181 is a low-power, eight channel 25G/28G bidirectional repeater (equalizer) that supports data rates from 10G to 28G.
It is designed in 28nm CMOS technology and provides a low cost solution to compensate channel insertion loss in backplane and front panel applications. At 28G data rates, it provides up to 16dB gain in the receiver Continuous Time Linear Equalizer (CTLE) and up to 6dB in transmitter de-emphasis.
The BCM82181 has an internal reference generator and does not require an external reference clock. It is equipped with integrated AC-coupling capacitors on all high speed receivers.
The BCM82181 is footprint-compatible with the BCM82381/BCM82072 and available in a 19mm x 19mm, 324-pin BGA, RoHS-compliant package.
- Eight channels 25G/28G bidirectional repeater/equalizer
- Multiple standard/data rate support from 10G to 28G
- Low power 28nm design, <100 mW per channel
- High performance programmable signal conditioning, including up to 16 dB in RX CTLE and up to 6 dB in
- TX de-emphasis
- Auto Negotiation and Link Training protocol pass-through between link partners
- MDC/MDIO host interface
- Broadcom Serial Control (BSC) host interface
- Integrated AC-coupling capacitors on all high speed receivers
- 19mm x 19mm BGA package, 1 mm ball pitch
- Footprint compatible with the BCM82381/BCM82072 Lite PHY
- Line Cards
- Top-of-Rack Switches
|External Memory Interfaces|