Dual 10G LAN/WAN/OTN Framer/Mapper/PHY with EDC
Highly integrated, ultra-low-power, dual-port 10G, OTN Framer/Mapper/PHY device.
The BCM84520 incorporates OTN mapping/demapping, framing/deframing and forward error correction (FEC) encoding/decoding functions to enable high-density and low-power packet optical transport applications. The OTN functions may be disabled by software, allowing the BCM84520 to operate as a LAN/WAN PHY with advanced equalization, targeted for SMF application that interface to either SFP+ or XFP modules. With OTN functions enabled by software, the device enables an Ethernet-based line card to interface to an OTN network without the need for an extra transponder card. With these functions enabled, the device also provides longer transmission distance and robust OAM support per the ITU-T G.709 OTN standard. The BCM84520 offers a powerful combination of mixed signal and digital processing technology functionality including high-speed PHY, Electronic Dispersion Compensation (EDC), clock synthesis, jitter-filtering phase-locked loops (PLLs) and selectable Forward Error Correction (FEC) codes. Comprehensive application coverage enables interoperability between different network operators and system equipment vendors.
- 10GbE LAN/WAN conversion, LAN/WAN-to-OTU2/2e/1e GFEC/EFEC and OTU FEC regeneration applications.
- On-chip OTN overhead performance monitoring, including SM, PM and TCM1-6, and optional overhead add/drop channels.
- OTU2 with no FEC on the system side for FEC codec applications.
- Protocol-agnostic pass-through mode.
- Built-in FracN synthesizers to enable a single low-cost 156.25 MHz oscillator for FEC-on and FEC-off operation
- Integrated low-bandwidth, low-phase noise, jitter-filtering PLLs
- Ultra-low power dissipation
- Digital Cross Connects
- DWDM Long Haul Transport
- Fiber Optic Terminators and Test Equipment
- SONET/SDH Multiplexers