4x10G/1x40G LAN/WAN/OTN Framer/Mapper/PHY With EDC
Highly integrated, ultralow- power, quad-port 10G, or a single-port 40G, OTN Framer/Mapper/PHY device.
It incorporates OTN mapping/demapping, framing/deframing and forward error correction (FEC) encoding/decoding functions to enable high-density and low-power packet optical transport applications. The OTN functions may be disabled by software, allowing the BCM84540 to operate as a LAN/WAN PHY with advanced equalization, targeted for SMF applications that interface to either SFP+ or XFP modules. With OTN functions enabled by software, the device enables an Ethernet-based line card to interface to an OTN network, without the need for an extra transponder card. With these functions enabled, the device also provides longer transmission distance and robust OAM support per the ITU-T G.709 OTN standard. The BCM84540 offers a powerful combination of mixed signal and digital processing technology functionality including high-speed PHY, Electronic Dispersion Compensation (EDC), clock synthesis, jitter-filtering phase-locked loops (PLLs) and selectable Forward Error Correction (FEC) codes. Comprehensive application coverage enables interoperability between different network operators and system equipment vendors.
- 10GbE LAN/WAN conversion, LAN/WAN to OTU2/2e/1e GFEC/EFEC and OTU FEC regeneration applications
- 40GbE mapping to OTU3 via 1024B/1027B transcoding and GMP per G.709
- On-chip OTN overhead performance monitoring, including SM, PM and TCM1-6, and optional overhead add/drop channels
- Built-in FracN synthesizers to enable a single low-cost 156.25 MHz oscillator for FEC-on and FEC-off operation
- Integrated low-bandwidth, low-phase noise, jitter-filtering PLLs
- Ultralow power dissipation: 1W/10G port with OTN enabled
- Digital Cross Connects
- DWDM Long Haul Transport
- Fiber Optic Terminators and Test Equipment
- SONET/SDH Multiplexers
|Package||28nm, FPB4NGS, 27mmx27mm|
|External Memory Interfaces||8-bit and 16-bit Flash, w/ 6 Chip Selects SRAM, NVSRAM|