10-GbE Quad SFI-XFI PHY with IEEE 1588
Quad-channel 10-GbE SFI-to-XFI (10-Gigabit serial electrical interface) PHY that incorporates an Electronic Dispersion Compensation (EDC) equalizer supporting SFP+ line-card applications with integrated IEEE 1588 timestamping.
The BCM84758 is a multirate physical layer device (PHY) targeted for single-mode fiber, multimode fiber or copper twin-ax applications interfacing to both limiting-based and linear-based SFP+ and SFP modules. The BCM84758 is fully compliant with the 10-GbE IEEE 802.3aq standard and also supports 1000Base-X for 1-GbE operation.
- Quad-Channel SFI-to-XFI PHY developed in low-power 40 nm CMOS process technology
- IEEE 1588 timestamping, as well as Y.1731 with Sync-E recovered clock outputs
- Supports SFP+ SR, LR and LRM optical interfaces
- Supports SFP+ copper twin-ax
- LRM mode supports 300m of multimode fiber, exceeding the IEEE 802.3aq standard
- Blade Servers
- Enterprise LAN Switching
- Line Cards
- Top-of-Rack Switches
|SerDes / GPHY|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)|
|External Memory Interfaces|
|Smart Congestion Control||No|