Octal-Port 10-GbE SFI-XFI PHY with IEEE 1588
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Octal-channel 10-GbE SFI-to-XFI (10-Gigabit serial electrical interface) PHY that incorporates an electronic dispersion compensation (EDC) equalizer supporting SFP+ line card applications with integrated IEEE 1588 timestamping.
The BCM84780 is a multirate PHY targeted for SMF, MMF or copper twin-ax applications interfacing to both limiting-based and linear-based SFP+ and SFP modules. The BCM84780 is fully compliant with the 10-GbE IEEE 802.3aq standard and also supports 1000Base-X for 1-GbE operation.
- Octal-channel SFI-to-XFI PHY developed in low-power 40 nm CMOS process technology
- IEEE 1588 timestamping, as well as Y.1731 with Sync-E recovered clock outputs
- Supports SFP+ SR, LR and LRM optical interfaces
- Supports SFP+ Copper Twin-ax
- LRM mode supports 300m of MMF, exceeding the IEEE 802.3aq standard
|External Memory Interfaces|