Octal-Port 10-GbE SFI-XFI PHY with IEEE 1588
Octal-channel 10-GbE SFI-to-XFI (10-Gigabit serial electrical interface) PHY that incorporates an electronic dispersion compensation (EDC) equalizer supporting SFP+ line card applications with integrated IEEE 1588 timestamping.
The BCM84780 is a multirate PHY targeted for SMF, MMF or copper twin-ax applications interfacing to both limiting-based and linear-based SFP+ and SFP modules. The BCM84780 is fully compliant with the 10-GbE IEEE 802.3aq standard and also supports 1000Base-X for 1-GbE operation.
- Octal-channel SFI-to-XFI PHY developed in low-power 40 nm CMOS process technology
- IEEE 1588 timestamping, as well as Y.1731 with Sync-E recovered clock outputs
- Supports SFP+ SR, LR and LRM optical interfaces
- Supports SFP+ Copper Twin-ax
- LRM mode supports 300m of MMF, exceeding the IEEE 802.3aq standard
|External Memory Interfaces|