Dual 40-GbE/Octal 10-GbE QSFP+ XLPPI-to-XLAUI PHY
Dual 40-Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) PPI-to-XLAUI (40-Gigabit electrical interface) PHY that incorporates an electronic dispersion compensation (EDC) equalizer supporting SR4, LR4 and copper CR4 line-card applications.
The BCM84784 is a multirate PHY targeted for QSFP+ modules. The BCM84784 is fully compliant with the 40-GbE SR4, LR4 and copper CR4 standards and also supports backward-compatible 8-by-10/1 GbE per lane, per the IEEE 802.3ae.
- Each of the two 40G ports also has a 4 x 10G mode
- Dual 40G XLPPI-to-XLAUI/quad-channel 10-GbE PHY developed in low-power 40 nm CMOS process technology
- 10-GbE IEEE 1588 timestamping, as well as Y.1731 with Sync-E recovered clock outputs, in 4 x 10G mode
- Supports 40G SR4, LR4 and copper CR4
- Low latency design, ~ 50 ns
- Blade Servers
- Enterprise LAN Switching
- Line Cards
- Top-of-Rack Switches
|Package||28nm, FPB4NGS, 29mmx29mm|
|External Memory Interfaces||8-bit and 16-bit Flash, w/ 6 Chip Selects SRAM, NVSRAM|