Dual 40-GbE/Octal 10-GbE QSFP+ XLPPI-to-XLAUI PHY
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Dual 40-Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) PPI-to-XLAUI (40-Gigabit electrical interface) PHY that incorporates an electronic dispersion compensation (EDC) equalizer supporting SR4, LR4 and copper CR4 line-card applications.
The BCM84784 is a multirate PHY targeted for QSFP+ modules. The BCM84784 is fully compliant with the 40-GbE SR4, LR4 and copper CR4 standards and also supports backward-compatible 8-by-10/1 GbE per lane, per the IEEE 802.3ae.
- Each of the two 40G ports also has a 4 x 10G mode
- Dual 40G XLPPI-to-XLAUI/quad-channel 10-GbE PHY developed in low-power 40 nm CMOS process technology
- 10-GbE IEEE 1588 timestamping, as well as Y.1731 with Sync-E recovered clock outputs, in 4 x 10G mode
- Supports 40G SR4, LR4 and copper CR4
- Low latency design, ~ 50 ns
- Blade Servers
- Enterprise LAN Switching
- Line Cards
- Top-of-Rack Switches