100-GbE/OTN VSR28 to CAUI Gearbox
100 Gb/s "gearbox" PHY that multiplexes and demultiplexes four 25 Gb/s channels to/from ten 10 Gb/s channels supporting Ethernet and Optical Transport Networking (OTN).
The BCM84793 is compliant with the IEEE 802.3ba standard for 100 GbE and ITU OTL 4.4 signalling as well as 40 GbE, OTL 3.4 and OTL 4.10. The line interface supports four bidirectional lanes at 25.78125/27.952493 Gb/s for 100 GbE/OTL4.4 applications. It can also be configured to support two groups of four bidirectional lanes as well as 10 bidirectional lanes at 10.3125 to 11.18 Gb/s for 40G and 100G repeater applications. The system interface only supports 10 bidirectional lanes or two groups of four bidirectional lanes at 10.3125 to 11.18 Gb/s.
- Full-duplex 10 lane to four lane Gearbox via IEEE 802.3ba Clause 83 PMA (CAUI to VSR28)
- Full-duplex 10 lane to four lane Gearbox via ITU OTL4.4 (CAUI to VSR28)
- Full-duplex 10 lanes to 10 lanes at 10.3125 to 11.18 Gb/s (CAUI to CPPI)
- Dual Full-duplex four lanes to four lanes at 10.3125 to 11.18 Gb/s (XLAUI to XLPPI)
- Transmit Pre-Emphasis and Adaptive receive equalization on all data I/O
- High-speed Optical Duo-binary (ODB) Precoder and Decoder
- Blade Servers
- DWDM Long Haul Transport
- DWDM Metro Transport
- Enterprise LAN Switching
|External Memory Interfaces|