10G/40G/100G Retimer And Gearbox
The BCM82793 is a physical layer device that supports 10G, 40G and 100G Ethernet.
In 100G mode, the device gearboxes four lanes of 25Gb/s data into a standard 10 by 10Gb/s CAUI bus. In retimer mode, the device retimes 10 lanes of 10Gb/s data supporting two 40G Ethernet ports, ten 10G Ethernet ports or a mix thereof. The BCM82793 is offered in an industry standard 19 x19 mm footprint, enabling upgrades to existing systems. The 25Gb/s, line side, interface is fully compliant with the 100G Ethernet IEEE802.3ba and IEEE802.3bj standards including support for IEEE CL73 (Autoneg), CL91 (FEC) and CL92 (Transmit Training).
- 100G gearbox with optional retiming modes for 2x40GbE or 10x10GbE
- Standard system side CAUI bus
- Industry standard 19 x19 mm package
- IEEE CL73 Auto Negotiation
- CL85, CL92, CL93 Transmit Training
- CL91 FEC
- Fully adaptive 25G and 10G receivers with 30dB of EQ
- Low power 28nm CMOS