40G Ethernet Gearbox With 100G Bypass
The BCM82864 is a quad channel 40G Ethernet device that gearboxes two lanes of 20Gb/s data into an IEEE standard four by 10Gb/s format.The 20Gb/s, system side, interface on the part is specifically designed to interoperate with Broadcom’s high density data center switches.
The10Gb/s, line side, interface is fully compliant with the 40G Ethernet IEEE802.3ba standard. In addition to the 40GbE gearbox mode, the BCM82864 can be placed in 100G Ethernet bypass mode. In this mode, lanes on both the system and line side of the device operate at 25Gb/s. The line side interface in 100G retime mode is fully compliant to CAUI4 and offers optional CL91 FEC for 100GBASE-SR4 and CR4 support.
- Quad port — 2x20G to 40x10G, 40G Ethernet gearbox
- Dual port optional pass through mode — 4 x 25G to 4 x 25G
- IEEE CL73 Auto Negotiation
- CL85, CL92, CL93 Transmit Training
- CL91 FEC
- Fully adaptive 25G and 10G receivers with 30dB of EQ
- Low power 28nm CMOS