1.28-Tb/s Full-Duplex Gobi Reference Design
Reference system based on modular architecture and using a mid-plane design.
At the front end, up to 16 line cards can be plugged in, each providing up to 80 Gb/s of user bandwidth. At the rear end, the Gobi can be populated with up to eight fabric cards providing a full-duplex, non-blocking switching capacity of up to 1.28 Tb/s user bandwidth with 25 percent switching fabric redundancy. The Gobi chassis is designed to be NEBS compliant and fits into one-third of a 7-foot rack. The Gobi chassis can be further configured to work in a multichassis configuration. Thus, a Gobi-based system can scale up from one to hundreds of high-bandwidth line cards. The Gobi fabric cards use Broadcom's Dune Networks Fabrics FE devices. Four fabric cards are used in a 640-Gb/s configuration with 3+1 redundancy, whereas a 1.28-Tb/s configuration with 6+2 redundancy utilizes eight fabric cards. The Gobi chassis can be configured with a variety of line cards ranging in aggregate capacity from 10 Gb/s to 80 Gb/s, using various available types of Dune Networks FAP devices.
- Carrier-class resiliency and redundancy
- Lossless switchover between active fabric cards
- Two Gobi line cards can be configured in an active and standby mode, with traffic switched between cards
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)