24xGbE + 2x10-GbE Switch Reference Design with Xelerated's Metro Ethernet Application
Broadcom's Dune Networks Fabrics FAP20V Traffic Manager and Xelerated's X11 Network Processor together provide one of the most powerful and cost-effective solutions for high-function Metro Ethernet switches and IPv6-capable switch/routers.
Harpoon is a production-ready design based on the price/performance leading merchant devices in 1U pizzabox format for use in the carrier environment. System vendors can choose between two options: 1) directly leverage the manufacturing and logistics arrangements in place and order Harpoon with minimal customer adaptations (typically color, front panel graphics and maybe table memory sizes), or 2) setting up their own production using the full manufacturing IP available from Dune Networks and Xelerated.
- Designed for volume production and inclusion in system vendors' product portfolio with minimal time-to-market
- Full access to the manufacturing IP, allowing customers to either leverage an existing EMS arrangement set up by Xelerated and Dune Networks, or to use their own manufacturing
- Based on the leading key components for Metro Ethernet, the Dune Networks FAP20V Traffic Manager and the X11 Network Processor ensuring wire-speed performance and carrier grade QOS handling
- Compact 1U height X 390mm depth for use in carrier environment, with front-to-back cooling, dual redundant power and fan redundancy
- Includes proven Metro Ethernet Application and its APIs for control plane software integration
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)
Not Recommended for New Design
|Lifecycle||Not Recommended for New Design|