PS225 - Dual-Port 25GbE PCIe Ethernet SmartNIC
Stingray™ 2x25Gb High-Performance Data Center Smart NIC
The Stingray PS225 SmartNIC is purpose-built to enable solutions in the evolving data center. The board integrates powerful networking and processing subsystems for SmartNIC applications including data plane acceleration and software-defined storage (SDS) including NVMe-over-Fabrics (NVMe-oF™). The PS225 is designed in a low-profile, half-length form factor for both half-height and full-height PCIe slots.
The PS225 SmartNIC features the BCM58802 high-performance data center SoC, which incorporates a NetXtreme E-Series advanced network controller, a high-performance ARM CPU block, PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 x8 interface, key accelerators for compute offload and a high-speed memory subsystem including L3 cache and DDR4 interfaces, all interconnected by a coherent Network-on-chip (NOC) fabric.
The network interface is powered by the latest generation of NetXtreme controller technology, delivering high packet rate and low latency. The powerful TruFlow™ configurable flow accelerator adds a powerful packet inspection and processing capability in the hardware, moving common flow-processing workloads such as Open vSwitch (OVS) into hardware thereby freeing CPUs for application workloads. Support for the NVMe-oF standard is enabled over RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet) v1 & v2 as well as over TCP and other transports, ensuring a future-proof and scalable platform for the deployment of disaggregated storage over a range of topologies.
The ARM CPU subsystem features eight ARMv8 Cortex-A72 CPUs at 3.0 GHz, arranged in a multi-cluster configuration.
The PS225 adapter provides two SFP28 connectors for dual-port 25 Gb connectivity. The interface supports optical modules or DAC (direct-attach copper) cables.
The Stingray family of products is supported by a comprehensive Software Development Kit providing a complete turn-key Linux distribution, and the open programming model enables application porting and development with minimal effort. The platform uses standard Linux and standard GNU tools and libraries. All drivers for the Stingray SoC are upstreamed to kernel.org and all peripheral interfaces use standard device drivers.
- PCIe NIC in half-height, half-length form factor
- PCIe Gen3 x8 Host Interface
- Stingray data center SoC: eight 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 cores at 3.0 GHz with 16 MB cache
- Integrated NetXtreme 100GbE NIC
- TruFlow configurable flow accelerator
- Virtual Switching Offload (OVS Offload)
- RoCE v1/v2 support
- SR-IOV support
- 4, 8, or 16 GB of onboard dual-channel DDR4 memory
- 100 Gb/s cryptography engine with single-pass hashing and encryption/decryption
- 100 Gb/s RAID5, RAID6, and erasure engine
- Deduplication (De-Dup) including Rabin Fingerprint, SHA, and MD5
- Secure boot
- Secure key storage
- ARM TrustZone
- Public Key Acceleration (PKA) engine
- SmartNIC with Virtual Switching Offload (OVS Offload)
- Bare Metal Services
- Storage Services
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
|Adapter Type||PCIe NIC|
If you are looking for older or archived product downloads, please use the documents and downloads search tool.