Integrated 24 FE + 2-GbE Managed Switch
Combines all the functions of a high-speed switch system including packet buffers, PHY transceivers, media access controllers, address management and a non-blocking switch fabric into a single 0.13-micron CMOS device.
BCM5324M is designed based on the field-proven industry leader ROBOSwitch™. It complies with IEEE 802.3 specifications, including the MAC control PAUSE frame and autonegotiation subsections, providing interoperability with all industry standard Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet devices. BCM5324M integrates 24 full-duplex 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/FX Fast Ethernet transceivers. Each transceiver incorporates the Broadcom PHY Advance Cable Diagnostic technology, which can detect cable shorts as well as open and measure the cable length. BCM5324M also supports two GMII/RGMII/TBI interfaces, providing flexible 10/100/1000BASE-TX and fiber connectivity.
- Seventh-generation ROBO L2+ 24 FE + 2-GbE switch with two GMII/RGMII/TBI interfaces
- Twenty-four fully integrated 10/100 PHYs with support of Advanced Cable Diagnostics in the Broadcom PHY technology
- Advanced Cable Diagnostics minimizes the need for expensive cable troubleshooting equipment.
- Enables a new generation of lower-cost FE switches with the highest integration of enhanced L2+ features and maximum connectivity.
- Managed Switches
- Unmanaged Switches
- Blade Servers
- Carrier Access Products
- Enterprise LAN Switching
- Embedded Switching
- Customer Premise Equipment
- SMB Switching
- Wireless Routers
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)