Integrated 10/100BASE-T/TX 5/6-Port Managed Switch
Highly integrated solution that combines all of the functions of a high-speed switch system — including packet buffer, PHY transceivers, media access controllers, address management and a nonblocking switch fabric — into a single 0.18-micron CMOS device.
It complies with the IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3x specifications, including the MAC control PAUSE frame and auto-negotiation subsections, providing compatibility with all industry-standard Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices. This device contains five full-duplex 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet transceivers, each of which performs all of the physical layer interface functions for 10BASE-T Ethernet on Category 3, 4 or 5 Unshielded Twisted-Pair (UTP) cable and 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet on Category 5 UTP cable.
- High level of silicon integration on a five-port 10/100 Ethernet switch device
- Fourth-generation switch on a chip
- Enables a new generation of lower-cost 10/100 switches in much smaller form factors
- Uses field-proven industry-standard 10BASE T/100BASETX Fast Ethernet transceivers — lowering overall system interoperability and reliability risks
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)