5-GbE Port Switch with Integrated SerDes
Highly integrated solution ideally suited for standalone Gigabit Ethernet switches and Gigabit Ethernet control plane and backplane applications.
It combines all the functions of a high-speed switch system — including packet buffer, serializer/deserializer (SerDes), media access controllers, address management and a nonblocking switch fabric — into a single 0.13-micron CMOS device. The BCM5387 complies with IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab and 802.3x specifications, including the MAC control, pause frame and autonegotiation subsections, providing compatibility with all industry-standard Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet devices. For documentation and support, visit Broadcom Communities
- Low-power 0.13-micron 1.2 V CMOS core: <1.5W Pd.
- Eighth-generation switch on a chip
- Enables a new generation of lower-cost switches with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and much smaller form factors
- Uses field-proven industry-standard Gigabit Ethernet SerDes, which lowers overall system interoperability and reliability risks.
- Blade Servers
- IP Telephones
- VoIP Residential Terminal Adapters
- Carrier Access Products
- Enterprise LAN Switching
- Embedded Switching
- Customer Premise Equipment
- SMB Switching
- Wireless Routers
- Home and Small Business Servers (switching)
- Connected Audio + Video