24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch with Four 2.5-GbE/HiGig+™ Ports
Single-chip solution with a high-performance 32-bit MIPS CPU and 28 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports, where four of the GbE ports can also be configured to run as 2.5 Gb uplinks.
The BCM56224 is a highly integrated and cost-effective multilayer Ethernet switch from the Broadcom StrataXGS® product line. The BCM56224 also is a member of the Enterprise Value GbE product line. The BCM56224 incorporates 28 GbE ports that can operate at 10/100/1000 Mb/s; four of them can operate at 2.5 Gb, ideal for low-cost stacking or uplink. The HGL uplink interface is used to connect to other devices via low-cost standard Category-7 cables in the BCM56224 to create a larger stacking system.
- Highly integrated 28-port 10/100/1000-Mb/s Ethernet switch device
- Four ports for 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) uplink/stacking
- Based on industry-leading and market-proven StrataXGS®-III architecture
- Single chip switch System on a Chip (SoC) optimized for the value enterprise market
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)