High-Bandwidth 1 GbE/10 GbE/40 GbE Multilayer Ethernet Switch
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
High-bandwidth 1 GbE/10 GbE/40 GbE multilayer Ethernet switch designed for access and aggregation deployments.
The BCM56540 is an advanced switch that delivers 180 Gb/s of line-rate performance. Built on the proven StrataXGS® architecture, the BCM56540 brings groundbreaking innovations into the metro aggregation layer. With the Broadcom AppAware™ engine, the BCM56540 enables ubiquitous traffic visualization and application-based flow, QoS and management capabilities cost-effectively.
- 180 Gb/s Carrier Ethernet Switch with GbE, 10 GbE and 40 GbE ports
- Latest MPLS, MPLS-TP, IP standards for PTN and IP-RAN networks
- Guaranteed service with fast linear, ring protection and Ethernet, MPLS OAM
- Embedded synchronization solution including hardware and software
- Flexible unified forwarding table can optimize performance in different network types
- Broadcom AppAware™ flow recognition and QoS
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)