High-Bandwidth 1-GbE/10-GbE/40-GbE Multilayer Switch
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
High-bandwidth 1 GbE/10 GbE/40 GbE multilayer Ethernet switch designed for access and aggregation deployments.
The BCM56545 is a truly converged platform for enterprise and data center fixed/stackable applications and delivers 170 Gb/s of line-rate performance. Built on the proven StrataXGS® architecture, the BCM56545 brings groundbreaking innovations into the enterprise wiring closet. With the Broadcom AppAware™ engine, the BCM56545 enables ubiquitous traffic visualization and application-based flow, QoS and management capabilities cost-effectively.
- Proven XGS high-performance architecture
- Stacking/clustering through standard Ethernet for maximum investment protection
- Non-blocking 170 Gb/s switching core
- Standards-based GbE, 10 GbE and 40 GbE support
- Flexible Unified Forwarding Table
- CAPWAP tunnel port for unified wired/wireless switching
- Set-Top Boxes
|Package||28nm, FPB4NGS, 27mmx27mm|
|I/O Controller||PowerPC 476 @ 1.2 GHz|
|Transfer Rates||Supports 12, 6, and 3Gb/s SAS and 6, 3Gb/s SATA data transfer rates|
|External Memory Interfaces||Flash ROM, NVSRAM|