Extensible 1/10/40/100-GbE Multilayer Ethernet
*Certain versions of this device are not available for sale in Germany or shipment to or from Germany, and these versions should not be used in any product destined for the German market.
Fully integrated Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch processor, delivering groundbreaking innovations for service provider, data center and enterprise applications.
It offers GbE/10-GbE/40-GbE/100-GbE capability and expansion of L2/L3/ACL with a single external TCAM device. The BCM56640 delivers a wide array of features at line-rate performance. These features include the latest tunnel protocols, hierarchical Quality of Service (QoS), traffic shaping, network OAM and time synchronization, and protection switching. For enterprise-data center convergence, the BCM56640 supports data center bridging, L2 multipathing, virtual machine switching, traffic visualization and application-based QoS.
- 240 Gb/s enterprise switch with 1 GbE to 100 GbE ports and expandable route tables
- Flexible unified forwarding table
- OAM support for IEEE 802.1ag CFM, Y.1731, BFD and BHH for carrier Ethernet
- Rapid linear and ring-protection switching for service guarantees
- Layer 1 and layer 2 network time synchronization
- Carrier and Service Provider Servers (switching)
- Data Center Servers (switching)
|External Memory Interfaces|